Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Brunch Sticky Buns


Happy Valentine's Day everyone! Not that I need an excuse, but I took the opportunity this weekend to experiment with an easy sticky bun recipe (adapted from one of Ina Garten's old cook books). The prospect of a traditional yeast based dough always intimidated me so much that I stayed away from even attempting these sweets. The new recipe is a pastry based dough made even easier by using frozen puff pastry sheets! After many attempts and countless ingredient combinations, the staff and I settled on walnuts, cinnamon, orange zest and nutella (hazelnut chocolate spread)! I am a big fan of the nutella, but if you arent a chocolate lover, you can substitute any of your favorite ingredients for the filling.

We will be serving these for V-Day brunch in all locations. I am anxious to hear everyone's input!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe via Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner